Feel free to ask Dave questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The work that Dave MacQuarrie presents comes from his own life experience, his own struggles to find peace and joy. His family of origin included extensive alcoholism, suicide, sexual abuse, and unintentional abandonment. He survived by using his intelligence, initially intending to become a theoretical astrophysicist, studying the galaxies; never did he anticipate that he would instead study the inner universe of emotionality. More than 2000 people have benefited from his work, especially gaining release from how anger had controlled their lives.
A variety of relationships and marriages have also taught him much about the joys and struggles of relationship, both what works and what doesn’t. He is the father of three adult children. He now lives in West Vancouver with his wife.
Anyone who wants more details of Dave’s life is free to ask. He is generally known for his honest answers, and does not hide behind a professional masque.
His formal studies have included:
- Mathematics and physics, a BSc with Honors in Physics
- Biophysics, a MSc.in Biophysics
- Medicine, a MD with Honors
- Anaesthesia, a specialist degree in Medicine, CRCPC)
- Psychology, a MA-ABS in Applied Behavioral Sciences through the Leadership Institute of Seattle.
- Philosophy, a PhD in Wisdom Studies
- Gestalt Therapy, with two diplomas from the Gestalt Institute of Toronto (Jorge Rosner).
- NeuroLinguistic Programing, with diplomas as Practitioner, Master Practitioner, and NLP Coaching.
- Bowenian Family Systems, with Edwin Friedman.
- Cooking, with two years training as a professional cook.
- Food and Beverage Service, with one year training as a server.
- Hatha Yoga (Iyengar), with internationally recognized teachers.
- Mindfulness and Vipassana Meditation, with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach (as well as having attended many vipassana retreats).
- Many retreats related to personal development.
Dave MacQuarrie BSc, MSc, MD, CRCPC, MA-ABS, PhD